A few weeks ago I had the opportunity to speak to the Northern Kentucky Homebuilders Association about how they are using social media for their marketing. I only had 20 minutes, so it was a top-line presentation, but attendees walked away with a lot.
Homebuilders, remodelers and those in the construction industry remain slow to adopt social media, both those who target BtoB and those focusing on BtoC. I want to share some of the highlights of the presentation here.
Some of the key takeaways include:
- Social media can build trust and make you the preferred choice
- Social media impacts search engine rankings and can get you more traffic and customers
- Testimonials and reviews are often overlooked by home builders and those in construction
- Build trust by showing people how to do things and highlighting your expertise
- Share tips that your target audience is interested in
- Build a strategy and have a plan