A few months ago MPI (Meeting Professionals International) invited me to share a presentation on how meeting and event planners can use social media.
I wanted to make this presentation available to everyone, so I shared it on Slideshare.com, and you can see the entire presentation below. Due to size constraints on slideshare, I wasn’t able to upload the entire presentation, but many of the images and examples are included. I also had a customized handout that accompanied the presentation.
Here are some of the main points from my social media presentation:
- Create a plan, don’t just post stuff
- Consider what you will do before, during and after
- Be sure that someone is accountable
- Know which sites your audience is on (fish where the fish are)
- Use the key power tools: Facebook, LinkedIn, Twitter, Blogs and Information Products
- Each tool has different functionality – consider how they can compliment each other
- Link all of your accounts together
The presentation can be seen here: