Hardworking and passionate marketing professional with over 10 years of experience including a strong track record of career advancement and over delivery of results.
- Industry leader in internet marketing and social media.
- Bestselling author of The Social Media Field Guide, coauthor of the textbook Social Media Marketing: A Strategic Approach and author of Visual Social Media Marketing
- Recognized leading authority, tradeshow, seminar, college and international speaker.
- Sought after trainer for corporate programs, educational institutions, colleges, small businesses, marketing departments and advertising agencies.
- Consistently exceed expectations and deliver best in class executions.
- Strong communication skills – written and verbal.
- Passionate about marketing and technology and actively involved in the industry.
- Diverse skill set – Marketing, Finance, Business Development, Leadership.
- Trained in traditional marketing at Procter & Gamble. Created and delivered training programs.
CEO Cincinnati, OH
Boot Camp Digital (Jan 2009 – Present)
- Consultant, Trainer, Speaker and Business Development for Boot Camp Digital. Oversee all aspects of the business and business growth.
- Secured clients including Google, GE, Macys, The Better Business Bureau, P&G, General Mills and many more.
- Provide strategic guidance for a variety of clients on social media and internet marketing strategy. Work with clients to build and execute strategic plans.
- Provided breakthrough social media work for P&G. Led a multi-functional team to deliver P&Gs first ever community management and social media program including twitter, blogging and community outreach.
- Created and delivered proprietary social media training programs both open to the public and customized corporate solutions for Fortune 500 companies.
- Internationally recognized speaker and industry leader in social media. Speaker for industry conferences at international locations.
- Executed social media campaigns for a variety of large and small clients.
- Featured expert on leading news sites including: NBC, The New York Times, Wired, CNN, CBS and many more.
Author & Writer, International
Boot Camp Publishing (2010 – Present)
- Author of Visual Social Media Marketing released in 2013
- Coauthor of Social Media Marketing: A Strategic Approach, a textbook published by Cengage
- Author of the bestselling book The Social Media Field Guide released in 2010
- Writer and contributor for industry leading publications including: Smart Business, Mashable, ClickZ, The Marketess and many more.
Managing Director, Cincinnati, OH
Cincinnati State (2010 – 2012)
- Managed the development, marketing and delivery of one of the first global accredited social media marketing programs
- Created the concept for the Institute for Social Media at Cincinnati State and oversaw the entire development of the program including building an advisory board of industry experts
- Created curriculum as well as all required additional materials
- Delivered training which was the highest scored program in the history of the college
VP Marketing Cincinnati, OH
Photrade.com (June 2007 – Present)
- Provided strategic leadership across the business – presented to investors, board of directors and was key partner to CEO in setting business direction, product development, strategy and fundraising.
- Built marketing plans with emphasis on online and social media – led work on equity, branding, logo design, corporate identity, competitive analysis, market research, market size, positioning, pr and marketing plans.
- Led marketing of private and public beta launches – acquired 500+ users in first month of private beta launch with $0 marketing budget and 15k+ users in first month after public launch; below budget and ahead of plan.
- Managed online and social media efforts – exceeded objectives in shorter time and with fewer resources vs. plan.
- Designed and executed research including usability studies and scale surveys to guide the direction of the company.
- Created business development opportunities with key industry leaders and influencers in the space
Assistant Brand Manager Cincinnati, OH
Procter & Gamble – Pur Water (2007 – 2008)
- Led strategic marketing initiatives for Give Pur Water and World Water Day sustainability strategy.
- Led multifunctional teams including external agency partners to deliver initiatives on-strategy and on-time.
- Trained in best-in-class practices for brand building, equity, communications strategies and agency partnership.
Profit Forecaster Cincinnati, OH
Procter & Gamble – Coffee (2006 – 2007)
- Manage global profit forecast for a top 5 brand with over $1.5B in sales within a +/-2% accuracy
- Set targets and lead long-term planning to ensure category plans meet expectations; presented to Sr. Management
- Create reconciliations and scripts for the SEC and Investor Relations (used in calls and reports)
- Lead and develop New Hire program – Create and lead half day training (scored above average 4.5/5)
Sr. Financial Analyst Toronto/Cincinnati
Procter & Gamble – Laundry (2004 – 2006)
- Owned financial analysis for P&G laundry – led strategic investments and marketing spend choices for >$15M in marketing spending and >$1B in sales.
- Led financial analysis on initiatives and directly improved NPVs on individual projects by >$10M
- Led marketing ROI analysis and created recommendations leading to a 50%+ increase in ROI across marketing spending elements.
- Leader of Global Financial Analysis Standards team – drove policy and process decisions on analysis
Customer Team Finance Manager Toronto, ON
Procter & Gamble – Canada West (2002 – 2006)
- Finance manager for largest sales team in Canada; financial leadership, analysis, training and decision-making.
- Provided recommendations to CEOs and CFOs of top customers in Canada, resulting in changes to their credit, ability to earn discounts and inventory analysis ultimately leading to increased sales.
- Created and drove targets – the only team in Canada to consistently meet objectives.
Chartered Financial Analyst
CFA Institute, Charlottesville, VA, USA (Granted 2006)
Bachelor of Business Administration Program, Minor in Politics, Graduated with Honors
Wilfrid Laurier University, Waterloo, ON, Canada (1998 – 2002)
Ontario Secondary School Diploma
Father Michael Goetz Secondary School, Mississauga, ON, Canada (1993 – 1998)
Blogging and Social Media
- Blogger for the ad:tech digital marketing conferences 2008 – Present
- Created, designed and write on personal blogs and websites 2007 – Present
- Digital strategy for AdClub Cincinnati Digital Hub initiative 2008
- Highly sought after speaker on Social Media and Digital Marketing Strategy.
- Invited to speak at 20+ industry events per year.
- Internationally recognized speaker.
Board of Advisors Cincinnati, OH
Girlfrienology.com (2008 – Present)
- Member of Board of Advisors for Girlfriendology.com – provide guidance to a rapidly growing startup website
Board of Directors – Marketing Cincinnati, OH
A-Ha of Cincinnati (2006 – 2008)
- Member of Board and Lead Marketing for A-Ha of Cincinnati – Created first ever website/blog
- Led 2 A-Ha projects – Led marketing and strategic plans for 2 non-profits
Assistant Business Coach Toronto, ON
Dale Carnegie (2004)
- Coached a class of 30+ members on developing visions, strengthening relationships, setting goals, projecting energy and enthusiasm and leadership.
- Led course segments and course content and provided individual weekly coaching to 5 participants.
AMA (American Marketing Association) Marketing Communications Committee Member (2007 – Present)
New Media Cincinnati Member (2007 – Present)
CFA (Chartered Financial Analyst) Institute Member (2007 – Present)
Markets on Main Youth Program Volunteer (2007 – Present)
Cincinnati Civic Gardens Association Volunteer (2006 – Present)
Cincinnati Sports League Flag Football Captain (2005 – 2007)
Berlitz Intermediate French Course Completion (2004 – 2005)
Wilfrid Laurier University Alumni Association Toronto Board Member (2003 – 2005)
Traveling, Reading, Hiking, Blogging, Social Media, On-line Marketing, Mountain Biking, Fitness, Live Music, Guitar, Playing Sports, Dancing, Live Music, Outdoors, Volunteering, Continuous Learning, Adventure Sports.