Last week I had the opportunity to give a presentation at the Cincinnati Contemporary Arts Center on how meeting and event professionals can use social media. The focus of this presentation was on the biggest mistakes that companies make and how to avoid them.
While many businesses in this industry are using social media, there are still many opportunities to use social media more strategically to generate better results for your business.
Some of the key tips from the presentation (and the Q&A which followed include):
- Look to include and mention others in the industry to grow your reach
- Always share your social media handles to encourage people to talk about you
- Set a timer and decide how much time you are willing to spend on social media marketing
- Be discipled and consistent in your efforts
- Participate and discuss – don’t just post content
- Visuals matter
- Take pictures and videos on the fly to share – even if they aren’t perfect
Do you have any other tips?
Here is a copy of the presentation to see all of the hints, tips, tricks and examples that I shared: