The YWCA Salute to Career Women of Achievement is an amazing event that was established nearly 25 years ago to promote support of women in the work force. This year I am thrilled to be attending this luncheon on May 15th as one of the guests at the Media/Blogger table.
The goal of this event is to spread community awareness and appreciation for the growing contributions of women in the work force and in the local community. It has blossomed into the YWCA’s largest fundraising event of the year. It’s now sponsored by 150 companies and organizations every year! The best part is that the proceeds directly benefit YWCA programs that are aimed at eliminating racism and empowering women across the globe.
This year there are some fantastic and very impressive women being honored at the event, including:
- Kathleen S. Barclay – Senior Vice President, Human Resources, The Kroger Co.
- Saba Atiq Chughtai, MD – Physician Owner & President, Saba Chughtai MD & Associates
- Alandes Eure-Powell – Operations Director & Senior Vice President, Citi
- Tamara Harkavy – CEO & Artistic Director, ArtWorks
- Heidi B. Jark – Managing Director & Vice President, The Foundation Office, Fifth Third Bank
- Crystal Kendrick – President, The Voice of Your Customer
- Deborah Platt Majoras – Chief Legal Officer & Secretary, Procter & Gamble
- Mary Miller – CEO, JANCOA Janitorial Services, Inc.
The annual Women of Achievement luncheon is a great way to learn more about what our local YWCA does to help women and their families in and around Cincinnati. As you can see from the list above, this event honors some truly accomplished women who are paving the way for the female workforce. This is the largest sit-down luncheon in Cincinnati, and it generates much-needed funds for the YWCA so that the organization can continue to improve the quality of life for hardworking females in Cincinnati.
I’m so excited to hear this year’s speaker – Diana Nyad – talk about how she overcame barriers and obstacles to attempt to swim the nearly impossible 103 miles between Cuba and Florida… without a shark cage!
What it comes down to is that this is an incredible event that will not only be moving and inspirational – it will also make a difference in the lives of hard-working women all over Cincinnati! I hope to see you there!
Wednesday, May 15, 2013
Duke Energy Convention Center